On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 12:01:09PM +0600, Dmitry Yu. Bolkhovityanov wrote:
>       BTW, you wrote "I guess most people use Xinerama. I would gladly
> use it if I could specify which screens to bind together.".  What do you
> mean by that?  Is it about relative placement of screens (completely
> doable), or do you need to join only some screens into Xinerama, while
> leaving others as separate :0.x's

The latter.  The third head is connected to a TV via a "TV-Out"
supporting card.  I don't really want the TV as part of my desktop
real estate.

> (not likely to be ever implemented,
> according to Mark V.)?

I wonder why selective binding of screens will never be implemented
with Xinerama.  It seems to me to be a natural progression in
the evolution of Xinerama.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell