On Sunday 25 November 2001 17:59, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Sun, 2001-11-25 at 08:34, safemode wrote:
> > On Sunday 25 November 2001 02:18, safemode wrote:
> > > for some reason it's defaulting to  resolution:    87x96 dots per inch
> > > i'm going to try running at 100x100 and see if that fixes things
> >
> > Yes, this fixed things for 4.1.0.1.  I have no idea why it doesn't
> > default to 100.   It did when i used to use the CVS.   anyways it should
> > have defaulted to 75x75 or 100x100 not some freaky 87x96.
>
> Isn't that probed from the monitor via DDC?

Possibly.  it never did this in  CVS versions i used.   I was under the
assumption that 4.x defaulted to 100dpi.  Only old crap monitors cant handle
that.    I think windows uses 150 dpi even.    If it detects it through ddc,
then perhaps there is a bug in the ddc code.     forcing it to 100 lets me
view fonts perfectly.

Now,  i haven't retested the cvs in a couple days, but it wouldn't even load
up due to being unable to load the fixed font that i had cleanly installed
with the rest of X during that compilation.