Hi ppl!

I have come to the conclusion that there is a bug "somewhere" (TM). Using XF86 cvs
from about 4 days ago, gatos cvs from the same time. Following happens with
the r128.o I get in either xf86 cvs or dri cvs:

-------------------------
ten kernel: [drm:r128_cce_indirect] *ERROR* process 2635 using buffer owned by 0
-------------------------
(X logs don't show anything)

This is IMHO the reason why when using dri:
- there are minor display distortions (parts of screen remain black, basically
  the kde splash screen is completely fscked, but it sorts out later).
- when I do a chvt 1;chvt 7, X starts eating all the CPU time and 2d
  accelerated functions seize working (mouse can be moved but kde panel
  doesn't pop up). killall X doesn't work, killall -9 X does. When this bug
  feels like it should become especially mean to me, this killall -9 X causes
  a complete machine lockup.

This also happens immediately after a fresh bootup when I haven't done
anything yet. Volodya: whether km is loaded doesn't matter.

These problems disappear when I comment dri in XF86Config.

Card: ATI AIW 128 16M AGP (non-pro). Kernel 2.4.14. RH 7.1 with current
patches.

Hints (besides not using dri)? I finally want to get better uptimes than 3
days.

Bye,

Peter Surda (Shurdeek) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, ICQ 10236103, +436505122023

--
              The best things in life are free, but the
                expensive ones are still worth a look.