On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Joe Carnes wrote:

> I'm trying to get Xinerama working on my G400 Max card (The card itself is
> dual-headed). I've included the Config file and logfile.  The monitor
> timings are good, as well as the resolutions are within spec on each of
> the monitors.  I have shut off frame buffering in the kernel as suggested
> in #xfree86 at irc.openprojects.net

> Currently, the first monitor's X session is stretched as if it were on two
> screens, and the mouse rolls over to the second monitor, but there is
> simply nothing being shown on the second monitor.  Is there anything else
> you need?  What would you suggest?

Last time I looked, the second head of the G400 only worked if I
used the HAL which Matrox provide. You don't need the full driver from
matrox, just use their HAL with the XFree86 driver.

You may need the line
        Option      "Hal"
in the "Device" section of your config file.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison         Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna