Richard =?utf-8?B?xIxlcGFz?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Sun Dec 16 11:39:05 2001 +0200 Richard Čepas wrote:

> >> Yes, all of KDE is based on Qt, konqueror included.  Sounds like a
> >> Qt bug of some kind; they may be mis-converting from Latin-2 to
> >> Unicode.
> >>
> >        I have also noticed this effect (try konsole for example).  I
> > don't use latin2 but utf-8.  It happens with Type1        fonts from
> > XFree 4.1 like Courier or Lucidux*.  It doesn't happen with TTF.
> >

>     ... and it shows with xterm as well, so it is probably XFree bug:
> xterm -fa 'Courier New' -fs 14
> is OK, but this:
> xterm -fa LuciduxMono -fs 14
> shows space instead č.  You can cut&paste it, i.e. character code is OK, but it
>just shows as blank.
> --

To quote from the freetype CVS logs:

2001-10-08  davidT
        * /cvsroot/freetype2/src/psnames/psmodule.c,
/cvsroot/freetype2/src/psnames/pstables.h:
                * src/psnames/pstables.h, src/psnames/psmodule.c, src/tools/glnames.py:
                fixed a bug in 'glnames.py' that prevented it from generating correct
                glyph names table. This resulted in the unavailability of certain
glyphs
                like "Cacute", "cacute" and "lslash" in Unicode charmaps, even if these
                were present in the font (causing problems for Polish users).

You might want to try upgrading to FreeType 2.0.5 - it most likely
contains this fix.

Regards,
                                            Owen