Vladimir Dergachev wrote:
Hello,

>The problem could be in the fact that you are trying to use onboard
>chipset. It is likely that the BIOS for it is integrated into the
>mainboard BIOS - which is why the driver cannot find it. Perhaps,
>if you manage to get the computer to boot with built-in chipset active
>and standalone card disabled, you would be able to get both to work.

any idea how I can do that ? (I'm not good with hardware and BIOS stuff)

>However, it is also likely that your onboard video chip is AGP. So if the
>other card is also AGP they cannot be simultaneously used.

The on board card is an ATI Rage XL .... and is PCI
The added card is also in a PCI slot (an old ATI 3d).

The added card works no problems, but I cant get it to work WITH the on
board card.

..... If buying a third (PCI) graphics card will solve my problem, then
I'll do that.... but I dont really want to dish out more dollars only to
find out that a third card wont work with the second one (I have spare
AGP cards lying around, but no spare PCI cards).

Perhaps could I get an indication from someone that a third card
"should" work?
(given that the problem is a BIOS one, I dont really see why a third
card would not work .... but I am not an expert)

etienne