> "T.P. Reitzel" wrote:
>
> "1. DRI requires the sis kernel framebuffer driver (sisfb) for memory
> management.
>
> 2. sisfb does not support the 530.
>
> Thomas"
>
> As far as your involvement is concerned, will the SiSfb driver
> probably support the SiS 530 chipset by 1 Sept. 2002?

Certainly not. The 530 is AFAIK about 4 years old technology and there's
no support from SiS. I won't spend any time on that (especially as I
don't have a machine for testing).

> I'm asking so I can make a decision whether to wait or replace this PCCHIPS
> motherboard now. If the video could be disabled, I'd just buy another
> PCI video card.

I'd do that anyway. Even if DRI one day works on the 530, I would not
exspect any special performance. That chip's simply too old.

Thomas

--
Thomas Winischhofer
Vienna/Austria