Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 11:16 PM
Subject: SiS 530 DRI Out Of Memory Errors

I've been trying to narrow down the source of fatal out of memory errors in the sis_dri.so library for about 3 weeks to no avail. I noticed that someone else on the users mailing list at DRI Sourceforge is having exactly the same problems with the SiS 730S chip. I'm currently using XFree86 4.1, but I also tried 4.2 with no luck. I've also gone to using the latest Alan Cox patches for the 2.4.18 kernel with no luck, either.  Instead of going into a lot more detail, see the attached XFree86.0.log for my system. DRI appears to load successfully, but generates this error when an openGL application such as glxgears is invoked.