Here's another question I've not found answered in a fair bit of web
trolling. Is it possible to have two (or more) independent mouse pointers at
large on the one X display at the same time? If so, how does one (at a
portable X application level) set about distinguishing between events from
each?

In particular, I want to write simultaneous multiplayer games (both
co-operative and competitive, mostly educational) for X (-: and would like to
run an X server that supports this as it makes testing a good deal easier :-).

Cheers; Leon