Am I being dense or is this not _yet_ supported?

I'm running linux I have one keyboard on USB and one
PS2 keyboard. The relevant chunk of  XF86Config looks like

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "keyboard"
        Option      "XkbRules"  "james"
        Option      "XkbModel"  "tpx20"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "gbus"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard1"
        Driver      "keyboard"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/keyboard"
        Option      "XkbRules"  "james"
        Option      "XkbModel"  "tp240"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "gbus"
        Option      "SendCoreEvents"
EndSection

Unfortunately both my keyboards then end up with the tp240
mapping, rather than the tpx20 mapping - is this a bug
or a feature?

[I have two laptops the tp240 has tab next to a
so I have a mapping to fix that, then I got an external
keyboard which generates the same codes as the internal
keyboard [ie the button next "A" generates tab] now I want
to plug this keyboard into my tpx20 which has a [more] sane
key arrangement only I only seem to be able to get one
keymap out of xkb ]

I'm using 4.2.0 which I compiled from source this AM.

James.