> I have noticed that people with similar/same make & model as my laptop
> have higher screen resolution (and i am presuming they all bought it off
> the shelf from retailers just like me).

Basic dumb reply, are you getting the resolution that the
handbook says that the machine should produce?

Certainly in windows, if the wrong drivers are being used,
some of the higher resolutions are disabled. My own laptop
is 1400x1050, but while playing with getting dual boot, I
lost anything above 1024x768 in windows.

So do you think that something is actually wrong?

--
Lester Caine