I upgraded to XFree86 4.2.0 from source a couple of days ago but was
disappointed to find that the nv driver doesn't really support Xv for my
video card.

I looked at the CVS sources yesterday and it seems to be only NV_ARCH_10
and up that support it... I think that translates into GeForce and newer.

Apparently my card is a member of the NV_ARCH_4 group, having the card id
002D.

The driver looks surprisingly clean and the Xv part in nv_video.c that
actually plays with the hardware is a lot smaller than I thought.

If the TNT2 hardware is similar to the GeForce hardware it should be quite
simple to fix.

Does anybody (Mark Vojkovich?) know what I should change in the driver to
make it work?

-Peter

A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress
any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism.
 -- Carl Sagan