I personally want 2 pointers, and do it by binding keyboards and mice
together.  (e.g. keyboard 1 + mouse 1, keyboard 2 + mouse 2..)

There are of course various problems, one of the less technical being that
since you have multiple keyboards and mice, you probably will connect them
via usb, and the problem with this is that (correct me if I'm wrong) they
can order themselves in any order, so everytime you boot up you would have
to work out which keyboards are associated with which mice, and if you
plugged a new one in, it could (?) reshuffle them again.

I personally would love to see this :)  However, since the