bah
What I meant to say, before I so rudely interrupted myself, was that
you can emulate multiple cursors etc by having multiple X servers.
At the moment you cannot have multiple X-servers on one screen, nor can you
have them on multiple monitors.

The first, I doubt will ever be changed.
The second is a kernel issue to do with not being able to have multiple
active VT's.  However the linuxconsole (.org? or something - check freshmeat
or kernelnewbies) ppl have fixed this, and are hoping to get the changes in.

So basically you can already, with some patching, have multiple monitors
with a seperate mouse and keyboard on each.
Not great, but we are getting there... ;)