On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Bharathi S wrote:

>    1. Oreilly published 7 volumes for Xwindow. It deals
>       from XProtocol to New X Tool Kits.
>
>    2. X Window System Programming By NABAJYOTI BARKAKATI ( PHI )
>       It is also nice book to learn all basic concepts.

I have read it and in retrospect consider it mostly a waste of time.
The documentation from the X Consortium and from xfree86 is mostly good
and complete if it exists -- the problem lies in finding it and in knowing
what to read in what order.

(Just putting these documents in HTML versions on a web site in a flat
list would probably be an improvement from having to dig them out from
various places and file formats inside the tarball -- I had /not/ expected
such a variety of both!)

-Peter