On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> -  and when i want to start a application at the first x it will work
> correctly. but on the second x the warning "can't do this! please start the
>    docpserver!". What's this?

That's a KDE problem (it says "dcopserver", right?).

KDE programs use the X server for interprocess communication, together
with a litle helper application called the DCOPserver.

Maybe KDE doesn't particularly like it if you are using two X servers with
one user.

What if you create a dummy user that belongs to the same group as your
ordinary user (so they can read/write each other's files) and have
the dummy user start the second X server?

Since you are tyring to run two different X servers anyway, I guess you
are not expecting programs on one screen to be able to cooperate with
those on the other so you don't loose anything there.

-Peter