On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 11:18:13AM -0700, Mark Vojkovich wrote:
>On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Luca Olivetti wrote:
>
>> Mike Stilson wrote:
>>
>> | BTW: Since I stepped back to 2314 it's been nice and stable (Only 3 days
>> | so far but better than the 10 hours I could manage with the latest
>> | driver.)
>>
>> I'm using this release now and while it seems better, it's still not
>> totally reliable: it just killed X while using xvideo (this is probably
>> the reason I've been upgrading nvidia drivers, to see if problems went
>> away), but it seems it isn't screwing up anything else. Let's see how it
>> works and if nvidia do care about fixing its driver (which I doubt).
>>

>   Don't use AGPGART.  Use NVGART instead.  It's not clear that this
>is NVIDIA's bug, and even if it were, it would definitely be in the open
>source part of the driver.

I have option nvagp 0 in my config file.  This didn't get changed
at all.  The absolute only change when my problems started was the
upgrade to the latest NV_kern and NV_GL.  If I remember, the longest it
was stable with the latest one was 2 days, and I wasn't even stressing
it with anything even close to xvideo.  It would just decide to oops
when it was doing basically nothing but blinking a cursor in an xterm.

Changing back to my original 2314 rpm's, without even touching the
config file has done away with all the problems.

-mike

--
Windows has detected that you have moved your mouse.
Your system must now be restarted for the changes to take effect.