I have a pair of Diamond Stealth 64 VRAM PCI (aka Stealth 64 Video) boards
that I am attempting to get working with the 4.2.0 S3 driver. These cards
use a S3 968 chipset and an IBM RGB 526 ramdac.

The current S3 driver in 4.2.0 appears to lack some support for the RGB
526, but does have support for the 524. The S3 driver in 3.3.6 supports
the 526, but it appears to simply treat the 526 as if it were a 524. The
server status messages from 3.3.6 also incorrectly show the 526 as a 524:

(--) S3: Detected an IBM RGB524 ramdac rev. c0
(--) S3: Ramdac type: ibm_rgb524

Is anyone familiar enough with the S3 driver to be able to give me some
pointers as to what I'll need to do in order to get the 526 working? I
tried simply adding the 526 to the list of supported ramdacs, but that got
me little more than a dead screen, requiring a reboot.

-Toth