First of all sorry about MTU/OS but I couldn't keep my Xwindows
running enougth time to writte this email on it.

        This is my first email to this list so I don know if is the right
place to do it (if not someone, please, tel me where I suppose to do it).

        OK here is the thing whenever I'm using my box on Linux (a
RedHat 7.3, with all parches) I ran like 20 to 30 minutes and it just
freeze with a funny pattern (something like the image file attched on
this email: screen_pattern.jpg). This pattern changes time to times (it
seems to be a random range of pixels of my current screen). It don't
just freeze the X but the whole system.

        I'm sending, too, my configuration files (XF86Config and
XF86Config-4) and some information about my box (cpuinfo/kernel
version/ioports/dma/interrupts) and the last Xlog (a non-freezed session).

        I notice, trying to fix the problem, that if I comment dbe
module (on XF86Config-4) Gnome cann't start correctly (but it starts).
If I comment "dri" module the system freeze early.

        I really want to use Linux on my PC but I need X, so if you can
help me I'll appreciate and my next email will came from a linux OS :).

--

Gustavo Kuhn Andriotti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Suporte Nacional - Terra Networks Brasil S/A