hello,

i would like to implement one machine having two cards (matrox millennium ii
g200 pci and nvidia geforce2 mx 400 agp) and two monitors and two mice and
two keyboards.
one display should be for xfree86 4.2.0 only, the other for vt and another
xfree 4.2.0.
i did it using the description at
http://cambuca.ldhs.cetuc.puc-rio.br/multiuser
keyboards and mice are fine.  but the graphics cards....
i can tell the machine's bios which one should be the primary, i tried both.
i configured all i know of in xf86config-4, tried all cominations: display
on mga only, when
nvidia is primary and nvidia, when nvidia is primary, mga, when mga is
primary, nvidia, when
mga is primary.  nothing works.  the screen/graphics card that should have
my ttys (vts) always does really strange things and displays a bright
background most of the time immediately if the other card switches into graphics
mode.  i also tried the drivers from nvidia - the same in all
combinations.  but i know that it works, because on the other keyboard i can
type "ls"
and after i did my best to restore the screen i can see that there was a
command typed in.
the desired screen switches into graphics mode and i can't refuse the other
screen from
getting scrambled.  i tried the xinerama extension.  it worked fine.  so why
am i not able
to tell the xfree to leave the other card completely alone???
my ideal would be matrox mill as bios primary and nvidia agp as bios
secondary; the
matrox as the card doing the ttys/vts and optionally an unmodified (keyb &
mouse) xfree86
and the modified (with the hack for 2nd keyb & mouse and xfree-only) xfree
for the nvidia card.
i did not include the xfree output because it would make this mail very
large.  if somebody
needs it, i will send it, but please tell me the configuration you would
like to have a look at.

i don't have any ideas anymore...
does anybody have an idea what i can do to prevent scambling the non-xfree
screen?
i don't mind hacking my xfree (2nd), but what and where...

thanks,
L*

http://www.gmx.net