--- Dr Andrew C Aitchison
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Sep 2002, Michael Michael wrote:
>
> > Has there been any discussion on translation of
> the
> > current XF86 config file to XML format.
>
> Lots.
> Some of us are very resistant to changing what we
> have at the moment.

It seem that XF86 is resistant to any technology
invented
after 1990... Note these arguments are the standard
anti-xml arguments given by most idots.. They have not
stopped the spread and usefulness of XML.

Xml provides off the shelf standard parsing and
validation it usefulness is well proven in many areas.
The XF86Config maps well to XML ...

If XFree is willing to accept it in the tree its
trivial to implement. I guess my question is XFree
willing to accept and XML based config format into its

tree.