Hi,

I've posted a question about colormap in this mailing list, regarding tinyX.

Well, I've compiled, runned it, Xfbdev -broadcast, and I get the *wrong*
colormap. Compiled it for ARM and x86 target, tested in ARM hardware and
Athlon, both get the same *wrong* colormap.

I got a snapshot from my ARM hardware (the attached one) to send it to this
mailing list with the hope to show you, guys, the fancy colors I get.
Stupid, stupid thing, the indexes are ok, because I (and you) will be seeing
the rights colors. So, there's something wrong the way I'm getting the
colormap.

I tried to modify fbdevPutColors and fbdevGetColors in fbdev.c, but nothing
happends. Moreover, I can take out the complete code from those two
functions, and nothing happends.

My system is running Linux 2.4.13 with 640x480x8 framebuffer (microwindows
runs ok). I've got busybox with only one console, and when I start Xfbdev,
it runs in tty2 (I can switch back and forth from X and the text console
with ctrl+alt+F1 and ctrl+alt+F2).

I've tried a tip that someone dropped to this mailing list, start Xfbdev
from a rc script, I did it, but it works the same way.

So, would any kind soul from this mailing list give me a hint, or something
to start with?

I want to spend some time trying to fix this (if there's something wrong
with kdrive), but I need something to start with. I would really love to do
that. But... there's no doc about kdrive (well, I couldn't find it anywhere
in the web), so, I need some help from you guys...

TIA

Carlos.