Around 5 o'clock on Nov 22, John Tapsell wrote:

> Sorry for being slow, but why isn't the display dpi good?
> You could try to always make the cursor 1cm big for example - isn't that a
> good thing?

Mostly what you need is bigger cursors on bigger screens.  Display DPI is
a miserable metric for that; I use really small cursors on my 320x240 iPAQ
which is well over 100dpi.  At the same DPI on my 1600x1200 screen, I'd
want a much bigger cursor.

Of course, this is just the fallback; it uses the synthetic 'dpi' as set
by the Xft.dpi resource in preference, and you can override both of those
by explicitly setting the cursor size with Xcursor.size.

Keith Packard        XFree86 Core Team        HP Cambridge Research Lab