Hello

I was wondering if any of you folks had any information on running X in
"portrait" mode (ie - rotating the contents of the display 90 degrees) for
use on a tablet - style computer.

I've noticed that the silicon motion driver has a "rotate" option, but I
haven't found any others that do.  I'm assuming that this needs to be
supported by the hardware, as it would be an expensive operation in software
(or so I've seen under Windows, anyways)...

If anyone has information on which hardware supports this mode of operation
and whether or not they're supported in XFree86, that would be great.  My
main interest would probably be in the Intel integrated chipset video (i815,
830, etc) as most tablet computers tend to use this as their graphics
processor.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Mark Cuss