I have long had some problems with xf86 on my Acer Travelmate 610 with
an i815em chipset.  I installed xf86 compiled from cvs from 2002-11-26
in hope of resolving the problems, but there are still some issues.

The two problems I experience are graphics glitches and broken xvideo.
Fortunately, GL is now working fine.

"Graphics glitches" refers to blocks in widget backgrounds or window
decorations that are rendered in the wrong color or with portions copied
from other parts of the display.

I have also long had a problem getting anything but a blue screen from
an xvideo display. The recent cvs ordinarily shows only a blue screen for
me, but it will show mis-scaled and mis-aligned video in full-screen
mode.

To see screenshots and configuration information, you can go to

http://www.math.columbia.edu/~jensen/linux/xf86/

I would really like to resolve these problems, and this might benefit
many others too.  If you have any suggestions or fixes, please let me
know.

Thanks for any help,

Leif