On Wednesday 18 December 2002 20:53, Shadow wrote:
> I'm about to share more or less the extent of my
> world knowledge:  To my reckoning, the ATI's
> don't go dual-head on Mandrake.  No I know
> you're saying to self "I'm not running Mandrake"
> but the -4 system is similar betwixt MDK and
> yours.  Don't lose all heart, though.  The other
> possibility is that you're neglecting one small
> thing.  (My 7500 doesn't work if I don't do this)
> You may need the "screen n" numbers numbers in
> place before the Screen lines in the Server
> Layout section.in summary, try:

I am sure that dual-heading with this card is possible; at least, someone on
irc (russ, #dri) told me he was running a dual head system with it. The weird
thing is that Xfree86 claims to be using the monitor, but nothing shows up on
the screen. As I said, my X installation is pretty recent. Plus, it isn't
even a Debian or Mandrake install but a compilation from CVS.

> Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
Are these documented? In any case: it does not really help.

> Screen 1 "Screen1" LeftOf "Screen0"
>
> As I said, mine won't work without it.  Good luck
> and have a good Christmas.

Thank you :)
Frank