Am Donnerstag, 2. Januar 2003 17:51 schrieb Jose Avalis:
> Hi there, I'm Jose from toronto
>
> After a power shutdown, I've restarted  the server and I couldn't init the
> graphic interface. Logged in as root, when I try to start the graphic
> interface "startx"  the screen turns black and I get the error logged in
> the attached file.

Seems as if some files on your hard disk are corrupted due to the power
shutdown. Reinstalling all X-related packages should help.

The other possibility is there are old temporary files (/tmp/.X*). Remove them
and try again. But your logfile points to corrupted files, this may occur
when these files were in use when the power failure happened.

Sebastian

--
while (!asleep)
  sheep++