Since Super+D and Super+L seem to be generally well-received and unobtrusive, we'll go forward with adding these shortcuts.

Thanks everybody for your feedback!

On 6/17/19 4:15 AM, David Pires wrote:
+1 on adding the first two shortcuts

On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 at 16:56, Pasi Lallinaho <p...@shimmerproject.org <mailto:p...@shimmerproject.org>> wrote:

    On 15.6.2019 4.11, Sean Davis wrote:
    Hello everyone!

    During today's Xubuntu community meeting, we discussed the
    potential of shipping some new keyboard shortcuts in Xubuntu. I
    proposed the following shortcuts found in other DEs and OSes.

    Super+D: Show Desktop
    Super+L: Lock Screen

    As I mentioned, I think these are sane and should be added.

    Spass also recommended Super+Space to display the applications
    menu. This one is found in elementary OS, and possibly other
    desktops as well.

    I've heard many people say the ideal situation would be to bind
    just the Super key to the menu, but unfortunately this is not
    possible tecnically (at least at the moment). This leads us to the
    question: do we add the Super+Space combo just to have "something"
    to open the menu and end up with a suboptimal combo – potentially
    leading to frustration?

    Team, what do you think? Should we proceed with adding the first
    two shortcuts? Super+Space? Others? Discuss it here.

-- Thanks,

    Sean Davis (bluesabre)
    Xubuntu Technical Lead

    Cheers,