I agree, to a point: the performances of Photoshop is significantly better when
not used in a VM. I use Pshop for talks that can not be done with The GIMP. My
surmise is that not all capabilities of video boards are unavailable. And, USB
devices are sometimes flakey. This with virtual box.

Now I dual boot from an SSD. Xubuntu and Win-7 are ready for use in 15 sec.
after POST. The SSD doesn't need to be huge of one puts /home on a second,
conventional hard drive (HD)  less costly than an SSD. Backups of data are to a
third HD. Win updates also ruin much faster, once past the download step, with
the OS on an SSD.

On January 5, 2016 12:02:55 PM EST, "Ince, Wilbur" <wil...@wilbur.us> wrote:
>If you are down to just a few tasks needed with Windows,
>Virtualization is the way to go.  It's quite a relief when Windows
>becomes an application!
>
>Wilbur
>
>On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 10:32 AM, Roger Broseus <linux....@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>> Lee, I would not give up just yet if you need Windows. (I keep it for
>> couple of applications that will not run under Linux.)
>>
>> If you don't see an answer forthcoming on this list, search a bit,
>e.g., try
>> googling
>>
>> uefi dual boot ubuntu windows 10.
>>
>> On January 5, 2016 10:56:46 AM EST, Lee Gold <leeg...@operamail.com>
>wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Just tried to dual boot windows 10 and Xubuntu on HP Pavillion 15
>>> laptop. So I'm a bit behind the times - there's a new bios system,
>>> something called UEFI and this laptop along with Windows 10 seems to
>do
>>> everything to prevent being extensible and more useful by preventing
>>> dual boot. Tried everything I could to make it work.
>>>
>>> So it's goodbye to Windows forever on this laptop - it's going to be
>ALL
>>> Xubuntu !
>>>

>> --
>> /Roger