On May 13, 2017 7:20:41 PM EDT, Peter Flynn <pe...@silmaril.ie> wrote:
>On 13/05/17 23:12, chris wrote:
>>>>

>>> Delighted to hear it.

>32
>>>
>>> I have heard that this works — I was surprised because I have used
>more
>>> recent Asus machines and they're basically rubbish.
>>>
>> Interested in your reasons why you say this?
>
>I see a lot of students coming into my office with laptop problems and
>there seem to be more Asus machines than any other. The most common
>problems are sticking or broken keys, random battery drain, sudden
>screen blanking, and hard disk noise. But maybe I am doing them an
>injustice: I have not used one myself.
>
>///Peter
>

>--

Re: ASUS and Xubuntu:

I installed Xubuntu on two variants of their old "netbooks" with no problems.
They worked great even tho they maxed-out at 2 GB of ram. I even managed to
dual boot as well as replace the HD with an SSD in the second one, which took a
bit of prying and screwing around.

Excuse the top-post. Interspersing comments doesn't work well on this droid.
--
Sent from my Android device using K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.