What should I know to install  16.04 64 onto a Toshiba laptop with UEFI?

Or should I install newest non-LTS 17.10 version (but I read there were some
nasty issues with UEFI and 17.10).

Do I need to disable secure boot? Assume I do.

Shrunk C: for Linux space. The HD has 5 partitions. From “left to right”:

    300MB Recovery
    100MB EFI System
    C: 500GB “where the exiting Win10 lives”
    92GB Unallocated, gained from shrinking C:, aim to put / and swap parts.
there.
    891MB Recovery

From what I read Grub has to “play nice” with EFI. My question is, when I
install, where do I install Grub? What do I do? I see an EFI partition and
don’t want to “hose” anything. There are lots of recopies and concoctions when
I google.

Thanks.