I forgot to reply to this, but this is exactly the behavior I've seen too. I would add though that if I switch to a virtual console, and then press Ctrl+Alt+F7, I do see the message about this screen being locked, which remains no matter how long I wait. Pressing Ctrl+Alt+F8 brings me to another lock screen I can use to log back in.

Terveisin/With regards,
- Matti Pulkkinen