On Wed, 2022-09-28 at 21:41:59 +0800, Jia Tan wrote:
> […] The
> interface for liblzma and xz for the multi threaded decoder does not
> have any planned changes, so things could probably be developed and
> tested using 5.3.3.

Ah, thanks, that's reassuring then. It's one of the things I was
worried about when having to decide whether to merge the patch I've got
implementing this support into dpkg. So, once the alpha version has been
packaged for Debian experimental, I'll test the patch and commit it.

> This would actually help us because having people
> test and give us feedback on both performance and the interface would
> help before committing to things in the stable release.

Given that this will be disabled at configure time (until the support
is in Debian unstable), I'm not sure we'll have many people testing
this, but I guess it will make it possible for people wanting to test
it to do it more easily. And there's always the option to do that over
the entire Debian archive or similar.

Thanks,
Guillem