Question #403713 on Yade changed:

Yufan Zhao is still having a problem:
Hi Jérôme Duriez ,

Thanks very much for your answer. I will do better to obey the Q&a
rules.

About the value of numerical damping in NewtoIntegrator, what criteria can be
based on?
Take steps along this concept, is the viscous damping in Hertz-Mindlin
law([Law2_ScGeom_MindlinPhys_Mindlin()]) also a numerical tool to achieve QS
equilibrium states within a reasonable computational time. It follows the laws
of physics but some paper said that the introduction of viscous damping may not
to mimic some real physical behavior. Could you tell me how to understand it?

And if I introduce viscous damping in Hertz-Mindlin law, the coefficient
of restitution or damping ratio of materials can only be obtained by
experiment, right?

 I would be very grateful if you could help me!

an answer contact for Yade.