New question #636692 on Yade:

Hi all,

I would like to analyze contact problems between soil and tire by applying the
coupling between DEM, i.e. YADE, and FEM like Ref[1]. I think what I need is
so-called surface coupling and volume coupling. I read the example scripts in
Ref[1], but I couldn’t understand how to execute them.

Judging from the response in Q&A site of YADE, I think new documentation is not
yet available on the coupling of YADE with FEM, except for the recent example
using escrypt [2].  Does anyone know the recent status of development on
coupling of DEM and FEM by adding simple python script?

Thanks,

Ryota

Ref:
[1] J. Stránský & M.Jirásek.  OPEN SOURCE FEM-DEM COUPLING. Proc. 18th
International Conference ENGINEERING MECHANICS 2012, pp. 1237-1251.
[2] https://yade-dem.org/doc/FEMxDEM.html

an answer contact for Yade.