Question #660585 on Yade changed:

Lingran Zhang posted a new comment:
Hello Robert,

Thank you for your rapid feedback.

The simulation I talked about is related to rock hydration reaction,
such as serpentinization, a geochemical metamorphic reaction that
transfers Olivine to Serpentinite with the presense of water. The
reaction is associated with significant changes in rock densities,
volumes, mechanical properties, etc. Since the rock has low permeability
and the volume expansion during the reaction tends to clog the initial
pores, the progress of the reaction relies on the reaction-induced
fractures which allow water to penetrate and contact with the unreacted
materials. We have simulated this kind of reactions without the coupling
with the fluid.

For the next step, we would like to couple the volumetric expansion with
the fluid flow. With such large volumetric expansion of soild particles,
the Delaunay triangulation will change. The retriangulation might give
rise to some questions about cracks and permeability updates, as well as
instability problems in the current DFNflow.

So my question is: how to propose a new way to relate crack-flagged
facets to crack?

Lingran

an answer contact for Yade.