Question #701438 on Yade changed:

Karol Brzezinski posted a new comment:
Just a comment regarding changing the damping. I loaded the save from
phase1, and inspected damping in the following way

> O.engines[5].damping

Output is 0.6, which confirms that damping didn't change during the simulation
at all. Also, please note that you set damping in function
stopStressRelaxation. After setting damping there as
>newton.damping = 0
it changes as expected (please inspect the save file after this).
Unfortunately, it doesn't answer your question.

Also, I think that saving data every iteration may cause some efficiency
issues (in phase 2). Instead, I propose the same time interval for all
the cases (virtPeriod = RunTimeLength/1000).

Cheers,
Karol

an answer contact for Yade.