Very excited for this feature and appreciative of all the work put into
this.  Reviewed the JIRA and my only two remaining concerns are about
documentation and API stability.

Regarding doc, while we don't necessarily need full documentation before
merging, my feeling is that we should at least have a page on it that will
allow give cluster operators a sketch of its role, APIs, and implications.
 If this doesn't exist yet, would be happy to help with reviewing.

Regarding APIs, I imagine some will jump on this as soon as it becomes part
of a release as it's a fairly essential feature for non-MR apps.  My
opinion is that we should mark each API @Stable unless there is a strong
reason for it not to be.  When I say APIs, I am thinking of the REST APIs,
RPC interface, and RM<->AHS shared-bus.

-Sandy