Hi folks,

Thanks for replying. Please see the response bellow.

bq. 2* The last update of YARN-321 was done in NOV10, this was done
from branch-2
(that seems a NIT as it should be against trunk)

Basically it's a discussion thread. I'm already in the process of updating
the branch. As I mentioned before, one of the motivation of merge branch
YARN-321 is to prevent it from further falling behind.

bq. 1* The merge must be done in trunk first (then, ideally, from trunk
into branch-2)
bq. 3* IMO, until we don’t have security, we should merge into trunk only

Yes, we plan to merge to trunk, then to branch-2, but I agree, let's have
security ready before going to branch-2. We can continue with security on
trunk.

bq. Regarding doc, while we don't necessarily need full documentation
before merging, my feeling is that we should at least have a page on it
that will allow give cluster operators a sketch of its role, APIs, and
implications.

Agree, let's prepare a doc as well.

bq. My opinion is that we should mark each API @Stable unless there is a
strong reason for it not to be.  When I say APIs, I am thinking of the REST
APIs, RPC interface, and RM<->AHS shared-bus.

I'm afraid it's still too early to confirm which APIs can be marked
@Stable. How about not doing this until security is ready and refactoring
duplicate code is done? At that time, we should have a clearer picture
about it.

Thanks,
Zhijie

--