Here: http://lists.del.icio.us:8080/pipermail/discuss/2005-April/002712.html
On 5/4/05, Joel Abrams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
There's also the problem (from an information-seeking perspective) of multiple tags that have very similar meanings. I tag with "tags", he tags with "tagging", she tags with "tag". Part of the glory of del.icio.us is this idiosyncratic nature. But from a perspective of information organization and classification, it's a very nasty problem.
Perhaps in addition to having people noting links as near duplicates, you could have people note tags as near duplicates. Then public bundles of tags could be built up around concepts. Or a thesaurus developed which listed related tags (or even tried to suggest a hierarchy).
Meta-moderation would help ensure the accuracy. And as someone else noted, there's a whole network of trust issue, as well.
--Joel (teaperson)
--Whit wrote--
I may be over complicating the idea, but it seems like a Slashdot-esque
"meta-moderation" could work (I say, backing off of my earlier "I
don't like the idea" statement a little).
The moderation portion would be noting links as potential duplicates
(programmatically or by users), offer a "have you meta-moderated
recently" interface that gives people pairs of suspected dupes and lets
them confirm the dupe or correct it.
Seems like you'd need some sort of self-correcting system, anyway.
- Whit
------------
Joel Abrams
Web: http://joel.abrams.net
Phone: 781-862-2126
Cell: 617-461-3939
AIM: Teaman2000
_______________________________________________
discuss mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.del.icio.us/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/discuss
--
Alberto Escarlate
203-434-1190
_______________________________________________ discuss mailing list [email protected] http://lists.del.icio.us/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/discuss

