Hi,

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 11:56:49AM -0700, Edward O'Connor wrote:
> What's to stop an IRC channel full of 14-year-olds from voting for the
> equivalence of BBC News and goatse?

What about some metadata the author of the webpage could add to say
that their page is accessible as a list of other URLs, eg:

<meta name="url" content="http://example.com/ http://www.example.com/
http://example.com/index.html http://www.example.com/index.html"; />

There is scope for abuse, I suppose, so it would be up to the
application to check that they do in fact point to the same data.
I don't know a robust way to do that though, checking the content
itself wouldn't work if it contained dynamic data...

This might be useful if there was uptake by the search engines,
I'm not sure it's all that useful on its own, but I thought I'd
send it to the list in case anyone could turn it into a useful idea :)

Thanks,
--
Russell Matbouli       |
[EMAIL PROTECTED] |               I ated the purple berries
PGP KeyID: 0x3CA84CF4  |
_______________________________________________
discuss mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.del.icio.us/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/discuss

Reply via email to