Hi,

I've tried to change the charset of the page to UTF-8 and Latin (
forgot the ISO number ), I think that the problem is in the <cfhttp>
tag implemetation, I'm trying to make my host run the latest updater.

I'll try to implement the search in the html page.  I'm playing with
it this weekend, actually my whole blog is my playground, the last 5
links are done with coldfusion parsing the rss feed of the tag, and
beeing inserted on the page via an ajax call, I want to do the same
thing with the search, and trying to make the same thing as the google
sugest ( the user type 4 letters, and it will do the search
automaticly )( I will add a kind of counter to see if it hitting
del.icio.us too much, but to be honest I think I will be the only one
doing the searches ).

Any ideia when it will be limit the searches by tag ?( or when you
will have that special server to do the searches ? ).

Thanks for all the answers
Grillo

On 5/8/05, Drew Harry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Reminds me a lot of 10.4's "Saved Searches" bit in the Finder. I
> thought it was gimmicky at first, but it's becoming an integral part
> of my daily file management. An analog for delicious (either through
> inbox subscriptions or RSS or both) would be valuable.
> 
> Probably less valuable than having updated searching, but once that
> was done, it would be a powerful way to subscribe to arbitrary
> descriptions of ideas. It might also provide a way out for some of the
> synonym complaints - being able to subscribe to *blog* or blog? would
> be fantastic.
> 
> Drew
> 
> On 5/8/05, Joshua Schachter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > You need to set your page's encoding to UTF-8.
> >
> > Interesting idea with the search.
> >
> > -j
> >
> > On Sun, 8 May 2005, Marcelo Wolfgang wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm using a particular tag to tag some bookmarks and using it's RSS to
> > > display the latest 5 links in my blog ( about 50 hits per day, I'll
> > > implement cache soon, sorry till I do that ).
> > >
> > > I was willing to add a search within that special tag so the users can
> > > search the old links, and if the search return an RSS it's easier to
> > > parse than the html page.
> > >
> > > That's was the reason of my questions :)
> > >
> > > I'm having another problem, the RSS I'm pulling contains latin
> > > charcters, and I having some problems with te encoding, with letters
> > > like � �, etc appearing as giberish on my page, do you have any advice
> > > ?
> > >
> > > TIA
> > > Grillo
> > >
> > > On 5/8/05, Joshua Schachter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >>
> > >> Yeah, unfortunately we're just using a crappy fulltext search thing for
> > >> now. I'll be adding better search support when we have an entire machine
> > >> to run search on.
> > >>
> > >> There's no way to get a search term as an RSS now. Is this very 
> > >> important?
> > >>
> > >>> Hi,
> > >>>
> > >>> first time posting here .. sorry if I break anything ;)
> > >>>
> > >>> I've tried a search this evening in del.icio.us using the
> > >>> 'tag:grillo.sidebar theterm", hoping that the search will only search
> > >>> "theterm" inside the bookmarks that I had tagged as "grillo.sidebar",
> > >>> but it displayed results which was not tagged as grillo.sidebar.
> > >>>
> > >>> Is this expected ?
> > >>>
> > >>> Also, is it possible to a serch return be an rss ?
> > >>>
> > >>> TIA
> > >>> Grillo
_______________________________________________
discuss mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.del.icio.us/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/discuss

Reply via email to