tim baker wrote:
you can search the archives with google:
http://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Alists.del.icio.us
Tim, I hope I don't mean no disrespect. but I always find it amusing when I hear a suggestion to use Google's 'site:lists.site.com' to search a list archive. Is Google really that good?

This archive will never get fully indexed by Google, and we don't know which pages get indexed which don't. The new posts, for example, this current thread of discussion will not show up in Google index in weeks or months. So, the Google search of a list archive is basically an incomplete search.

Gmane or Nabble are better alternatives. After all, the list archive is such a small potato compared with the other big things Google cares.

Sent from the Delicious (del.icio.us) forum at Nabble.com.