Date: 05 Nov 2005
From: Björn Lindström <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I think the new placement of the "your bookmarks | inbox | for | post"
links are confusing. With the title of the current page above them, they
look like they are related to the page, rather than global functions.

Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 13:56:27 -0600
From: "Todd Levy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I have to agree with the original poster even though I wasn't personally
confused.

This type of seemingly innocuous nesting error puts the visual hierarchy in conflict with the logical hierarchy which is almost always confusing (until
learned) for people not familiar with the system.

The fact that it could be fixed at next to no cost (i.e. time) certainly
makes it worth considering.

A more intense rework of the layout aside, I'd probably suggest having them
hang out with the "settings" and "logout" links along with some copy
tweaks...

"hello username || bookmarks | inbox | for | post | settings || log out"

Then I'd also consider putting a line break after the site name followed by
the page name (i.e. stuff that usually follows the first slash).

Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 17:10:25 -0700
From: Fidel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

It's perfectly understandable if you know what
del.icio.us<http://del.icio.us>offers. None of these links are new as
far as I can tell and they aren't
confusing unless you don't pay attention.. Paying attention is the cheapest
thing you have to pay in life...

Whoa.

To recap, the original poster made a comment about what is objectively a nesting error with the layout. I agreed and suggested a simple (read: fast and free) solution.

Later, another poster raised a second concern pertaining to mouse movement / tracking with the current placement of these links (which could be objectively analyzed from a GOMS standpoint).

Happy coincidence, the solution referenced above solves this problem too.

I realize you're a complete stranger, but frankly I don't think the delicious-ier than thou attitude and lack of constructive feedback in your post is the best way to grow the service (or protect the investments of those financing the development).

TL