Hi,

Wouldn't it be a good idea to develop a tag that allows for two, maybe even three, descriptors?

Today I bookmarked a page whose main theme,was "culture shock". That is a common phrase or term; another, obviously, would be "science fiction". I am new to this list and perhaps this topic has already been discussed (and discarded), so I apologize if I'm raising an issue that has already been dealt with, but I think a tag with multiple descriptors would enhance both ends of the bookmarking process: It would allow for more accurate tagging, i.e., description of the page you're tagging, and it would allow the searcher more flexibility, and maybe even precision, in searching for stuff. Is a tag like "uscongress" a good thing? Does it matter? Am I underestimating the power of scale in this process?

freequark
_______________________________________________
discuss mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.del.icio.us/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/discuss

Reply via email to