Hey community,

I'm trying to use this library [can-isotp][1] on a Jetson TX2 Board. The
version of the running OS is: 0.0.8 (dunfell).

>From the docs of the library I get the following instructions:

```
DOWNLOAD and BUILD

1. Download repository and enter the repositories root directory

     git clone https://github.com/hartkopp/can-isotp.git

     cd can-isotp

2. Build ISO-TP kernel module

  Ensure build dependencies are installed. E.g. for Debian (or Ubuntu):

     sudo apt-get install build-essential linux-headers-$(uname -r)

  To build:

     (you need to be in the repositories root path)

     make

  To install (optional):

     sudo make modules_install

3. When the PF_CAN core module is loaded ('modprobe can') the ISO-TP module
  can be loaded into the kernel with

      insmod ./net/can/can-isotp.ko

  When the can-isotp.ko module has been installed into the Linux Kernels
  modules directory (e.g. with 'make modules_install') the module should
  load automatically when opening a CAN_ISOTP socket.
```

I have some questions about that procedure. Can anybody give me an hint on how
to install this module? Do I have to create a completly new yocto image or is
there any way to install kernel modules afterwards? I tried to copy the folder
onto the TX2 and install it by hand, but (as to be expected) the make command
is not found.

I would really appreciate any help ! Best regards,

[1]: https://github.com/hartkopp/can-isotp

View/Reply Online (#50427): https://lists.yoctoproject.org/g/yocto/message/50427
Mute This Topic: https://lists.yoctoproject.org/mt/76579670/21656
Mute #yocto: https://lists.yoctoproject.org/g/yocto+yocto/mutehashtag/yocto