NEWBIE question!

I tried building and I get: "_Specified SDKMACHINE value is not valid_"

pi@raspberrypi ~/p/build> bitbake core-image-minimal
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/html5lib/_trie/_base.py:3: DeprecationWarning: Using or importing the ABCs from 'collections' instead of from 'collections.abc' is deprecated, and in 3.8 it will stop working
  from collections import Mapping
WARNING: Host distribution "raspbian-10" has not been validated with this version of the build system; you may possibly experience unexpected failures. It is recommended that you use a tested distribution. ERROR: OE-core's config sanity checker detected a potential misconfiguration. Either fix the cause of this error or at your own risk disable the checker (see sanity.conf).
    Following is the list of potential problems / advisories:

    Specified SDKMACHINE value is not valid

Obviously I failed to do something (properly)?

Ideas?