As per https://docs.yoctoproject.org/ref-manual/variables.html#term-SDKMACHINE
the value isn't a target MACHINE, but a name that is present in
conf/machine-sdk:

https://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/tree/meta/conf/machine-sdk

If you want to build a SDK to run on an arm host, you most likely want
aarch64.  A 32-bit Arm SDK hasn't been tested, but writing a new
configuration file for that shouldn't be that difficult.

Ross