On Mon, 7 Nov 2022 at 16:13, Ron Eggler <ron.egg...@mistywest.com> wrote:
> > Are you able to fulfil that obligation you have under the license?
>
> Yes, that will definitely be doable for the recepient if they chose to
> do so.

I'm curious as to how though. Are you going to give them a complete
set of yocto layers and source code for everything that goes into the
image, so that they can replicate the yocto build? If they choose to
replace readline with their own version, I don't see any other way.

Note that we are not talking about the manufacturer of the device, we
are talking about the actual end users who will buy and use the device
for its intended purpose.

Alex