On Mon, Jul 3 2023 at 09:07:11 AM -0400, Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfi...@gmail.com> wrote:
We really shouldn't suggest the above to a developer without also the
explanation as to why network access is disabled by default in tasks
such as compile.

You are of course right with your objections. However, this is the only way I know of to get around this problem. Reproducibility is not a must have requirement for me, but I use some gtk go programs and would love to have a way to build at least gotk3 shared, since it takes quite a long time and has to be rebuilt for each program. I had experimented with this some time ago, but it looked to me like there was no easy solution to this problem. This is somehow quite a conflict between different concepts.